This 2-Day CQI IRCA certified course will provide delegates with an understanding of auditing an effective environmental management system.
The CQI IRCA Internal Auditor course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of the requirements of auditing environmental management systems (EMS), and teaches the benefits and pitfalls of auditing these systems.
- The purpose of ISO 14001
- The audit cycles
- Planning an EMS audit
- Preparation of internal audit checklists (and their pros and cons)
- Auditing techniques (how to gain objective evidence)
- Carrying out a mock EMS audit
- Audit reporting
- Auditing integrated systems
- Raising corrective actions for problems
- Following-up corrective actions.
This course is for any member of staff who will be involved in the internal auditing of the environmental management system of a company. To remain in-line with CQI IRCA requirements, we assume that attendees have a basic understanding of ISO 14001:2015 or have attended the EMS Foundation course.
In line with CQI IRCA requirements, you should already have a basic understanding of ISO 9001:2015. If not, we recommend attending our ISO 9001:2015 Foundation course.